Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Blogging While Keeping Mum

It's time for my weekly check-in but I have a conundrum. What I've spent most of my time on in the past couple of weeks has been a handmade object required for the Swap on a Budget swap on Ravelry.

It is such a cherished project that I'm dying to tell someone about it, but I can't lest my Secret Pal in the swap venture over here and see it.

In other news, another online friend of mine is going through a rough patch and her other online friends are making an afghan for her. I did manage to eke out a square to send away for it, so that will be my subject today.

It is from the book 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans by Jan Eaton.  I worked it up in Lion Brand Vanna's Choice acrylic yarn on an E hook.  It is Block No. 46 in the book, called "Meadow."


Stay tuned.  In two weeks I'll probably be able to let the cat out of the proverbial bag and post pics of the Super Secret Swap Project.

2 comments:

Tamsie said...

do I know the person getting the afghan? I've been too busy to check in on tmf, so if it's there I might have missed it.

Myownigloo said...

I replied by email but I see you've already discovered the thread for yourself.